Preventive Maintenance for Your Air Conditioning System in Kamloops
Almost a quarter of the year has gone by and you may already be counting down the days to your sun-soaked summer plans with family and friends. Before you know it, the temperatures will start soaring, and the weather networks will be issuing heat advisories. Imagine flipping the switch of your Kamloops home’s HVAC system to cooling on a hot summer day, only to find that it doesn’t work effectively!
When your air conditioner remains idle for several months in the year, there are numerous factors that may interfere with its working. It is good to be familiar with these aspects, especially when you interact with an HVAC technician during any repairs and maintenance.
Common Problems with Your Air Conditioner (AC)
Without regular maintenance, the AC unit of your Kamloops home is vulnerable to several issues. Here are some of the common problems and their potential reasons.
- Uneven cooling or repeated on and off cycles: Dirt and debris has accumulated on your unit’s condenser and is obstructing the airflow. It could also be because of leaking ducts.
- Cooling not adequate or the AC is blowing warm air: A part such as the compressor may be faulty, or your AC refrigerant (coolant) may be leaking.
- AC doesn’t turn on or keeps running continuously: Your AC’s contactor may be damaged or there could be tripped breakers, or a faulty thermostat.
You may be able to spot some apparent issues such as a clogged filter, low levels of refrigerant, outside AC unit or fan not functioning, or a coil being frozen. You may even be able to troubleshoot some of these issues with Do-It-Yourself (DIY) solutions. However, most AC related repairs are often more complex, and it may be hazardous to attempt DIY measures.
HVAC Preventive Maintenance Checklist
To avoid additional costly damages, or the risk of DIY repairs gone wrong, consider signing up for a comprehensive preventive maintenance program for your HVAC unit. As part of the program, a qualified HVAC technician will:
- Conduct an inspection twice a year to identify any potential problems before they get worse.
- Check all the moving parts and carry out any required recharge or replacement. For example, change filters, refill refrigerant, change weak batteries in thermostats and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Clean parts such as filters, AC condenser coils, and coolant lines.
Leading Provider of Air Conditioning and HVAC Maintenance
Don’t be left hot and bothered in the peak of summer or freezing during a cold wave. To avoid any unpleasant surprises, sign up for the HVAC Preventive Maintenance Program offered by Tri-Rom Industries Ltd. Serving clients in Kamloops and the surrounding North Shore communities, Tri-Rom technicians are also available 24/7 for emergency services.